October 8, 2008

you pronounced it wrong...

I have to say, this semester has already turned out to be more enjoyable than I thought it would be initially. I've got class with Lindsay... when we go. Which, of course, for all you parents reading, I mean, when we always go. No honestly, neither of us can stand the teacher, we can't stand his 45 minute long examples that are pointless and end up unrelated to the topic, we end up chatting anyway, which is what most of the people around us do anyway as well. Gag me. We don't like that class.


I've made one good friend in two of my other classes, I've got Lindsay in a third, things are pretty sweet. Zach's on a rotation right now with his friend Chris, and I'm happy for that. Lindsay and I decided to celebrate after our last POLS test, because it was over, and so Zach, Chris and Crystal met us at the rooftop deck at the Corner Bar on Northgate. We had a great time, even if it was a Wednesday and Lindsay came home with me and we watched movies instead of going to bed. Which made for an interesting morning the following day- I have Biology lab at 8 in the AM! Bad call, Stefanie, bad call. But it was okay because I was tired, my lab partner had woken up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so he was tired, and our other partner was left to just... survey the damage. That's the day he ate glucose. Or was it the day he wanted to put iodine on his skin? I forget, but it was a trip.



My "topic" for the day, if you will, is a little inside joke- one of our classmates in Geography decided to announce to our teacher that she'd mispronounced a certain word (Jihad?) and was responding to a question with this. She then asked said pronunciation police if he could answer the question, whereupon he announced that he hadn't read it (we hadn't either, but at least I had printed it out!) and she, Dr. KZ was annoyed. It was funny. Thought I'd share. She pronounced Qatar wrong too- I contemplated raising my hand and informing her she pronounced it wrong, but we very much doubted she'd see the humor in that. She gives chocolate to those who can point out a mistake, but as of yet, we've not gotten any. Mainly because we don't want it. Ew. Yes, friends and family, this is what keeps me going to class. Little things like that.



Thanks to all of you who have asked about my dear Grandpa Rodney. He's still in the hospital, as you might expect after a quadruple bypass surgery. Poor guy. My Grandma is taking the full force of this, she's been run ragged being at the hospital with him. It's times like these I wished my whole family realized that Texas is the ONLY state in the union worth living in and they should move here so we can be together if this stuff happens. Yes. That would be excellent. Dad and Zach's hunting party would increase by at least one-- Uncle Elmer! I am missing my family lately, it's been a long, long time since I've seen anyone- since my wedding! Gosh!


Now for little things:

* Went to Bath Junkie and made lotion: fresh pine & peppermint! Yum! *
* Cory's coming to town this weekend. It's because I'm making Oreo Ice Cream Desert *
* My poor dad's back in the sandbox-- boo!*
* Jethro was up for an hour at 4 this morning because of a thunderstorm. Mom's tired *
* I'm making a cake for a lingerie shower this weekend. I'll post pictures...*
* I need a new trilobite. Got one? *
* I can save YouTube videos on my iPod. Jon Reep, anyone? *



post signature

0 kind words: