5 am.
I'm up way too early. To be exact, I never was able to fall asleep. Talk about some major suckage.
That line- 'What's that smell?' -- '5 am' is from a movie- can you name it?
So, I'm in a cheery mood, despite not having slept. I managed to pull out a 99% on my biology homework about carbon bonding. Yeah- I don't know either. Even Zach, who had offered to help, was like, oh no good at the chemistry of it. *grumble* I managed rather nicely though. I'm proud. I have lab in... two and a half hours. I hate lab- I have three partners, one's this interesting looking freshman who hasn't discovered acne medication yet. Gross. Then there's the boy who has both ears pierced (not like I care) and wears jeans with WAAAAY too many holes in them. Then there's the junior, and we're quite attached to each other, being the only non-freshmen in the class. There's an obnoxious Corps guy-- more obnoxious than most. He thinks he's real cute, and almost everybody else does too. I have given him the "you're a total freaking dumbass" look more than once. He stays away from me now. Then there's loud mouth from nowhere, Texas. She's weird. In general, my dislike for my classmates is surpassed only by my dislike for my TA. I think it's because I sassed her on the first day. Whatever, she called me out in front of the class for not having closed toe shoes on and I shrugged and said "okay." Is that sassing? Probably. I wasn't in the mood.
So I'm really NOT happy about this danged hurricane. I'm worried about my momma- she's all alone in our house in Sugar Land, with nobody but her dogs! I hope she'll be okay, I wish I could go back and stay with her. But we've got Cory coming for the weekend, and the dear boy took time out from work to come and celebrate my birthday with me, so that's super sweet. He's the best-- I can't wait to see him! Of course, Zach's in for a nice, tidy weekend. The dean of the College of Vet Med told the Governor of Texas that if there are any animals that need shelter from the storm, they can come to the school, therefore Zach and all his fellow 4th years have gone from off duty to on call. Gah. Of course. He's less than thrilled. The poor guy is still trying to get on a normal sleeping and eating schedule. He's not really hungry when he should be and he's not tired until very late now, because of his nights on emergency. Glad that was a one-time-only shot.
My sweet mommy has offered to make me a birthday cake. How wonderful is she? The last time somebody made me a birthday cake was... when she made me one when I was living in my apartment all alone like 3 years ago. Sweet mommy! Lily managed to ruin that one, though, because we left it on the kitchen counter and went someplace. Mind you, she was only about three months old at the time, and when we got back, there were little kitten paw prints all over the top of the cake and a neat little corner of frosting had been eaten away. It would have been really nasty, if not for the really dang cute prints she left behind. I think my in-laws were grossed out, but mom and I laughed! The joys of owning a cat. She's sitting with me now. I wouldn't trade her for a dozen dogs.
Finally I leave you with two more photos of the Metallica men. Of course, I'm running out of pictures. It's harder than you'd think to find *good* pictures of the four current members, especially since Jason was with them for so long and then there was such a lull between Jason and Robert. Sometimes I miss Jason. He was so good at the screaming backup vocals. I especially love him on "Of Wolf and Man" from the S&M album-- That stands for Symphony & Metallica, you nasties! Seriously... I might have to update my iPod and charge the sucker so I can listen to that as I charge my way through Northgate and across campus in an hour and 15 minutes!

That line- 'What's that smell?' -- '5 am' is from a movie- can you name it?
So, I'm in a cheery mood, despite not having slept. I managed to pull out a 99% on my biology homework about carbon bonding. Yeah- I don't know either. Even Zach, who had offered to help, was like, oh no good at the chemistry of it. *grumble* I managed rather nicely though. I'm proud. I have lab in... two and a half hours. I hate lab- I have three partners, one's this interesting looking freshman who hasn't discovered acne medication yet. Gross. Then there's the boy who has both ears pierced (not like I care) and wears jeans with WAAAAY too many holes in them. Then there's the junior, and we're quite attached to each other, being the only non-freshmen in the class. There's an obnoxious Corps guy-- more obnoxious than most. He thinks he's real cute, and almost everybody else does too. I have given him the "you're a total freaking dumbass" look more than once. He stays away from me now. Then there's loud mouth from nowhere, Texas. She's weird. In general, my dislike for my classmates is surpassed only by my dislike for my TA. I think it's because I sassed her on the first day. Whatever, she called me out in front of the class for not having closed toe shoes on and I shrugged and said "okay." Is that sassing? Probably. I wasn't in the mood.
So I'm really NOT happy about this danged hurricane. I'm worried about my momma- she's all alone in our house in Sugar Land, with nobody but her dogs! I hope she'll be okay, I wish I could go back and stay with her. But we've got Cory coming for the weekend, and the dear boy took time out from work to come and celebrate my birthday with me, so that's super sweet. He's the best-- I can't wait to see him! Of course, Zach's in for a nice, tidy weekend. The dean of the College of Vet Med told the Governor of Texas that if there are any animals that need shelter from the storm, they can come to the school, therefore Zach and all his fellow 4th years have gone from off duty to on call. Gah. Of course. He's less than thrilled. The poor guy is still trying to get on a normal sleeping and eating schedule. He's not really hungry when he should be and he's not tired until very late now, because of his nights on emergency. Glad that was a one-time-only shot.
My sweet mommy has offered to make me a birthday cake. How wonderful is she? The last time somebody made me a birthday cake was... when she made me one when I was living in my apartment all alone like 3 years ago. Sweet mommy! Lily managed to ruin that one, though, because we left it on the kitchen counter and went someplace. Mind you, she was only about three months old at the time, and when we got back, there were little kitten paw prints all over the top of the cake and a neat little corner of frosting had been eaten away. It would have been really nasty, if not for the really dang cute prints she left behind. I think my in-laws were grossed out, but mom and I laughed! The joys of owning a cat. She's sitting with me now. I wouldn't trade her for a dozen dogs.
Finally I leave you with two more photos of the Metallica men. Of course, I'm running out of pictures. It's harder than you'd think to find *good* pictures of the four current members, especially since Jason was with them for so long and then there was such a lull between Jason and Robert. Sometimes I miss Jason. He was so good at the screaming backup vocals. I especially love him on "Of Wolf and Man" from the S&M album-- That stands for Symphony & Metallica, you nasties! Seriously... I might have to update my iPod and charge the sucker so I can listen to that as I charge my way through Northgate and across campus in an hour and 15 minutes!



0 kind words:
Post a Comment