So, I'm home alone. I know I shouldn't be advertising this, but I am. Zach's switched over to night emergencies and will now be at the clinic from 4 pm to 4 am. It sucks. Seriously. I left the house to go to class today at 2 in the afternoon and Zach gave me a hug and said "see you tomorrow." Gah. There's a good chance we'll go 48 hours without seeing each other this week- and a guarantee that we won't talk. It's going to be the worst week of school yet. The good thing is he's going to be done with emergency this Sunday- but get this! His last rotation on Sunday is from 4 pm to 4 am Monday- and then he has to report to his next rotation at 8 am Monday... which gives him a whopping 4 hours between rotations and I doubt he'll have that because he NEVER gets home when they're supposed to let them leave. I just needed to complain a little bit. I hate seeing Zach being worked like this-- he gets so run down because he really does give 110% all the time, regardless of how totally cliche that statement is.
However, we're surviving. We had lunch together today, which was nice. It's nice to see him when he's awake and not falling asleep and hasn't had to put anything to sleep yet. It was a great lunch.
I deleted my last post because I hated it. It just seemed so... ugh. I don't know. I'm happy to say that my hands are doing okay. I can't believe what a walking disaster I am. So Saturday morning, I put my hands through the office window. I have four cuts on my left palm and a hunk of flesh missing from my right ring finger. It hurts like the devil. Still. I have to wear gloves when I shower because hair gets caught... enough said. Horrible. So then Sunday, I was being studious because Zach was at the clinic all day. I was using his chair, and swung myself around to put my feet under my desk and hit my left knee right on the corner... it swelled up real big and hurt when I'd walk on it. Then, I decided to take a break when Zach got home and had to come back to do more homework and stubbed my right pinkie toe on my painting box and cut it open and so it's bandaged up too. I literally took both hands and both legs out in one weekend. In three separate incidents. I rock.
I will say that Zach's absence in the evenings and during the day has actually been beneficial for me. I have gotten all of my homework for both Biology and Geography done-- and for the whole week! I don't think I've been this ahead on my homework since high school. It's a good feeling. I'm not loving my classes, they're basic, but they're not hard and that's about all I can ask. Lindsay and I have POLS together, and our Prof is soooo incredibly dull. He did an outline of chapter 1 of HIS book today (I hate it when you have to use the Prof's text they wrote) and he spent about 30 minutes giving various examples of democratic equality. Linday and I are at the back of the room, though, so he couldn't see us snickering at how stupid he was. Wow.
So that's that. No Labor Day funnies, we had class. No grand stories from the weekend besides my various injuries. School has started, and thus, our personalities and fun little things have gone right out the window. We are, until graduation, shells!
However, we're surviving. We had lunch together today, which was nice. It's nice to see him when he's awake and not falling asleep and hasn't had to put anything to sleep yet. It was a great lunch.
I deleted my last post because I hated it. It just seemed so... ugh. I don't know. I'm happy to say that my hands are doing okay. I can't believe what a walking disaster I am. So Saturday morning, I put my hands through the office window. I have four cuts on my left palm and a hunk of flesh missing from my right ring finger. It hurts like the devil. Still. I have to wear gloves when I shower because hair gets caught... enough said. Horrible. So then Sunday, I was being studious because Zach was at the clinic all day. I was using his chair, and swung myself around to put my feet under my desk and hit my left knee right on the corner... it swelled up real big and hurt when I'd walk on it. Then, I decided to take a break when Zach got home and had to come back to do more homework and stubbed my right pinkie toe on my painting box and cut it open and so it's bandaged up too. I literally took both hands and both legs out in one weekend. In three separate incidents. I rock.
I will say that Zach's absence in the evenings and during the day has actually been beneficial for me. I have gotten all of my homework for both Biology and Geography done-- and for the whole week! I don't think I've been this ahead on my homework since high school. It's a good feeling. I'm not loving my classes, they're basic, but they're not hard and that's about all I can ask. Lindsay and I have POLS together, and our Prof is soooo incredibly dull. He did an outline of chapter 1 of HIS book today (I hate it when you have to use the Prof's text they wrote) and he spent about 30 minutes giving various examples of democratic equality. Linday and I are at the back of the room, though, so he couldn't see us snickering at how stupid he was. Wow.
So that's that. No Labor Day funnies, we had class. No grand stories from the weekend besides my various injuries. School has started, and thus, our personalities and fun little things have gone right out the window. We are, until graduation, shells!

0 kind words:
Post a Comment