September 22, 2008

catch up

I haven't updated in ages! Gracious! I've been insanely busy, forgive me. I had my first bio test on Friday and spent a long time studying for that. Then we had Cory and the parents this weekend. That was fun. We've missed Cory, it was wonderful getting to just hang out and spend time together. But being with Cory makes me miss Brenton and Leah too. I can't wait to see them again. One day soon, hopefully.

I have my first Geog of the Global Village test today. Gosh, I'm actually a little flustered. I actually feel like I've got quite a good handle on the "globe," if you will, but not the parts my exam is over. I've got an exam over the Americas (Latin and North) and the Caribbean. Let's see what my experience is: I've lived in North America for a grand total of... 12 of my 23 years. Not as long as most. Then I've never set foot in Latin America, thank you. I've been to the Caribbean twice, though... and what Zach doesn't know is I plan on owning my own small part of it one day. I can dream, can't I? I'm also guilty of not having any interest in North America or Latin America. My interest lies in Europe, one hundred and ten percent. I cannot wait to take Zach there. My dear husband has never seen anything older than the United States can boast- he's never stood in a church that's been standing since before our country was a country. He has never seen a Viking dwelling dating from before the New World was discovered. He's never been to a castle, a real castle. I cannot wait to take him, to let him experience these things himself. Europe is my favorite place on the whole planet, from Germany north. Germany, Norway and England are my three favorite countries on the planet. I miss Europe so much, I think I'll try to talk my dear mother into an English vacation. Can you imagine the two of us loose in London? Our husbands are liable never to get us back!

What else? Ah! I can finally announce our WONDERFUL news! My sweet husband has SIGNED A CONTRACT! He is going to be the new Associate Veterinarian at Brazos Bend Animal Hospital starting in May of 2009, or thereabouts. We are very blessed, Zach is very happy with where he has chosen to work. He has the highest regard for Dr. Ross and has bonded quite solidly with Dr. Ping. He'll be working in an area he's been in for much of his life, and we're happy to know where we'll be settling in a short time. I am so proud of him, he's very lucky to have had such success, he's a different man since getting this offer. His stress levels are next to none and he's so pleased and proud he can hardly stand it. To match, so am I. I cannot believe that in a very short time, I will be the wife of a Doctor! Zach has worked very hard, and I'm so happy to see that others see the potential in him that I know is there. I'm so happy to finally be able to share this wonderful news.

Now all we need is for me to find a job, and we'll be the happiest couple on the planet. My goal is the Museum of Natural Science in Houston. That is one of my favorite places in the city, I love it. I think there will be plenty of opportunity once I graduate, with my degree especially, I just have an aversion to oil companies. I've seen how hard my dear daddy has to work and I just don't want that for myself. I benefited so very much from having my mom at my disposal while I was growing up, and if I've learned one thing is that I appreciated those days when my mom would take care of me when I was sick, instead of sending me to school. I want my kids to have that same luxury. I don't want to dedicate myself to a profession that will take anything away from my time with my children, because in my mind the greatest success you can be in life is to be a successful parent. If your child grows into a healthy, happy, productive member of society, what more can you ask for?

Mercy, I've gone on and on for no good reason! I'll leave it there. I have got to get a little more Latin America crammed into my brain. I just hope that between all the little islands in the Caribbean and the complexities of cities in North America, I can make my way to a decent grade on this exam!

post signature

0 kind words: