So, if you know me, you know I'm not too into being right up with everyone as far as technology goes. I don't care about having a BlackBerry or an iPhone, I don't need the biggest, baddest super computer, and I certainly don't need all the fancy crap that's going on with TVs at the moment. Gag me.
However, I have found one product that I think might be worth the investment, from a scholarly standpoint. It's the Amazon.com Kindle. The Kindle is a wireless reading device that allows you to download books and newspapers straight to the device, and it doesn't require an annual contract or a monthly bill because you pay for the wireless connecton when you pay for the item you want to download. Seriously, can you think of an easier way to carry your text books around with you?
If we weren't so poor, this would be on it's way to my house right now. This would eliminate the need I have for lugging around multiple books every time I go on vacation or go to stay with one of our sets of parents. It would be quick and easy for me to use in class, and I'm sure it would be any English major's dream. There aren't SO many books available right now, but I'm guessing before long, we'll see this new technology popping up in more and more classrooms.
I so want on this bandwagon. If there even is one.

0 kind words:
Post a Comment