August 16, 2008

camp memory

Yesterday marked the last day of another summer of camp at the Club in New Territory. I didn't work long at all this summer- 2 weeks only to be exact but I loved it all the same! Thanks to my favorite little camper, Joshua, I also have my favorite camp memory now...

We were sitting in the pool, me on the stairs and he next to me because his dad had forgotten to pack his floatie, and one of the other children was asking me why my hair was pink and blue. I've taken a lot of ribbing from the kids, counselors, bosses... you name it, they've said it. Until yesterday afternoon. After said questioner was finished Joshua came over and sat next to me, put one hand on my shoulder, the other on my arm and said:
"I think that pink hair and blue hair are very pretty in brown hair."
That was the sweetest, nicest thing anybody could have said, and it came out of a sweet 4 year old that frequently failed to put together coherent sentences.

And that is my new favorite camp memory... a sweet compliment from a sweet little boy. I hope he's back next year and just as cute as ever, complete with adorable big bro and sis!

post signature

0 kind words: