Wow, I have to say, I'm pretty good at those _______ & ________ titles when they start with "p." Today was so enjoyable. I've got a lot of things to talk about. I have to try and make some sense out of the title anyway, don't I?
I spent a lot of time getting ready for my dear friends to come over today, including giving Jethro a bath for the very first time all by myself. He was so stinky and he hadn't seen Brenton in a year, and I didn't want B to be greeted by a big stinky mess. So he got bathed and he smells like oatmeal and vanilla right now. Which isn't bad, but in a few days, I'm going to be so tired of my dog smelling like a bakery shop. I think we'll have to go fruity with his next shampoo- it's so much more bearable for me.
My dad sent me the most insane pictures from his office the other day. Somebody had photographed a wreck outside Doha, where my dad lives in Qatar. Well, this car was in such a state that you couldn't tell WHAT it was, or what it had previously been. The only reason I could tell that it had been a car that was worth a lot of money was from the one headlight. It's insane- my dad sees cars in Qatar that we never see in the States- probably because they're not street legal here. Wow. Dad said with that, the owner (if he survived?) will be out buying a new one the next day. So wrong.
I know this is totally random, but humor me. I've decided to try and define my own personal style. Laugh, if you will, but I know that a lot is deduced about a person from the way they present themselves. Well, I'm tired of presenting the world with basketball shorts and Aggie t-shirts. Not that my previous uniform is bad, and I will continue to wear this around the house, but I just don't want that being what people see me as anymore. I've become much more interested in fashion, I've discovered a couple websites that I love. We, of course, don't have the money for me to make any dramatic change- but as my sweet husband says: "one day." My mom always says it doesn't cost anything to look- and that's a philosophy I adhere to! I look and look and look and it doesn't cost me a dime. Nice. Thanks mom. But I also have decided that I love the surfer brands, namely Hurley and Volcom and Roxy. I like that their clothes are feminine and yet, not girly. Lindsay and I talked about that today- no ruffles, no lace. I'm working hard to define myself, and I think that the first place I'm really working my magic is through my hair. In January it was long and brown and plain. Being honest. Then in February I cut it off, into what was MEANT to be an edgy cut that came out all wrong. So I'll have to get it done again. Now, in June I added blue highlights. In August I'm going back to my extension man and I'm going to get my hair cut and I'm going to have him look at my extensions and give them some oomph. Not everyone will have hair like mine and I like that. I'm trying to express myself creatively- and slowly but surely, I'll get there.
Enough about me! On to the fun stuff! We had SUCH a good time with Lindsay and Brenton. We were only sad that dear Cory and sweet Leah couldn't be there with us. Zach and I really don't know what we're going to do without our friends next year in Houston. It's going to suck to have our best friends spread all over the state. Anyway- no despairing yet! Brenton came over a little early and he and I hung out until Zach got home, at which point the poor guys had multiple errands to run (ice and tequila). We got out the wine, got out the appetizers and just enjoyed each other's company. Lindsay arrived not too long after Zach got home and we made margaritas and messed around while Zach fired up the grill. Our menu was amazingly yummy:
Vintage Grape Red Wine
Blue Curacao Margaritas
Dill Dip with Cheese and Cracked Pepper Triscuts (yummy)
Captain D's Steaks (and Tilapia for me!)
Lindsay's yummy smashed potatoes
Paula Deen's Mayo/Parmesan/Pepper Corn on the Cob (don't knock it- try it)
Zach's signature queso with habanero peppers (ouch)
New York Style Cheesecake.
We all contributed, we all had a blast. The food couldn't have been better, even though we went a tad overboard and loaded ourselves with heavy food and then decided to sit outside for hours and hours- not a great idea. The boys bought themselves some cigars and after dinner we went outside and sat around for a while and then the boys decided they needed beer and more cigars so Lindsay and I enjoyed a good girl chat until they got back, at which point we got into some rounds of 42 which was so much fun.
I love spending time with these people. Lindsay, Brenton, Cory and Leah are the dearest friends we've made in college and just my absolute favorite people in the world. Lindsay, Cory and I are so much alike and we're all so close and I'm just so glad we're getting to spend time together now. Brenton is moving to Dallas soon to join Leah and we're hoping to see them again soon. Leah and Brenton are VERY interested in the trip to Hawaii in Oct. 09 and we are ECSTATIC that they might join us. I cannot think of two people I would rather vacation with. We also got into a really rousing discussion about Walt Disney World at dinner because all 4 of us are absolutely in love with it. We've decided that we all need to do the land/sea Disney vacation together soon too. With Cory. We'll drag him along. Lord help Cory- Brenton and I are on par with each other as far as enthusiasm goes, I'm like the biggest Disney World trivia nerd I know and with these people I know I can let down my hair, run around and wait in line for characters and they're not going to think I'm crazy. It's a wonderful, wonderful feeling. I can't wait. I know these people are going to be our friends for life. And I love it.
We're meeting for breakfast at La Bodega on Saturday and then heading out to The Dark Knight together. Then next week we're pot-lucking it again. This time we've decided on Butter Burgers, Angel Food Cake, Roasted Potatoes and whatever else strikes our fancy. *sigh*
What bliss is this? I don't want to come back to Houston in August now!
I spent a lot of time getting ready for my dear friends to come over today, including giving Jethro a bath for the very first time all by myself. He was so stinky and he hadn't seen Brenton in a year, and I didn't want B to be greeted by a big stinky mess. So he got bathed and he smells like oatmeal and vanilla right now. Which isn't bad, but in a few days, I'm going to be so tired of my dog smelling like a bakery shop. I think we'll have to go fruity with his next shampoo- it's so much more bearable for me.
My dad sent me the most insane pictures from his office the other day. Somebody had photographed a wreck outside Doha, where my dad lives in Qatar. Well, this car was in such a state that you couldn't tell WHAT it was, or what it had previously been. The only reason I could tell that it had been a car that was worth a lot of money was from the one headlight. It's insane- my dad sees cars in Qatar that we never see in the States- probably because they're not street legal here. Wow. Dad said with that, the owner (if he survived?) will be out buying a new one the next day. So wrong.
I know this is totally random, but humor me. I've decided to try and define my own personal style. Laugh, if you will, but I know that a lot is deduced about a person from the way they present themselves. Well, I'm tired of presenting the world with basketball shorts and Aggie t-shirts. Not that my previous uniform is bad, and I will continue to wear this around the house, but I just don't want that being what people see me as anymore. I've become much more interested in fashion, I've discovered a couple websites that I love. We, of course, don't have the money for me to make any dramatic change- but as my sweet husband says: "one day." My mom always says it doesn't cost anything to look- and that's a philosophy I adhere to! I look and look and look and it doesn't cost me a dime. Nice. Thanks mom. But I also have decided that I love the surfer brands, namely Hurley and Volcom and Roxy. I like that their clothes are feminine and yet, not girly. Lindsay and I talked about that today- no ruffles, no lace. I'm working hard to define myself, and I think that the first place I'm really working my magic is through my hair. In January it was long and brown and plain. Being honest. Then in February I cut it off, into what was MEANT to be an edgy cut that came out all wrong. So I'll have to get it done again. Now, in June I added blue highlights. In August I'm going back to my extension man and I'm going to get my hair cut and I'm going to have him look at my extensions and give them some oomph. Not everyone will have hair like mine and I like that. I'm trying to express myself creatively- and slowly but surely, I'll get there.
Enough about me! On to the fun stuff! We had SUCH a good time with Lindsay and Brenton. We were only sad that dear Cory and sweet Leah couldn't be there with us. Zach and I really don't know what we're going to do without our friends next year in Houston. It's going to suck to have our best friends spread all over the state. Anyway- no despairing yet! Brenton came over a little early and he and I hung out until Zach got home, at which point the poor guys had multiple errands to run (ice and tequila). We got out the wine, got out the appetizers and just enjoyed each other's company. Lindsay arrived not too long after Zach got home and we made margaritas and messed around while Zach fired up the grill. Our menu was amazingly yummy:
Vintage Grape Red Wine
Blue Curacao Margaritas
Dill Dip with Cheese and Cracked Pepper Triscuts (yummy)
Captain D's Steaks (and Tilapia for me!)
Lindsay's yummy smashed potatoes
Paula Deen's Mayo/Parmesan/Pepper Corn on the Cob (don't knock it- try it)
Zach's signature queso with habanero peppers (ouch)
New York Style Cheesecake.
We all contributed, we all had a blast. The food couldn't have been better, even though we went a tad overboard and loaded ourselves with heavy food and then decided to sit outside for hours and hours- not a great idea. The boys bought themselves some cigars and after dinner we went outside and sat around for a while and then the boys decided they needed beer and more cigars so Lindsay and I enjoyed a good girl chat until they got back, at which point we got into some rounds of 42 which was so much fun.
I love spending time with these people. Lindsay, Brenton, Cory and Leah are the dearest friends we've made in college and just my absolute favorite people in the world. Lindsay, Cory and I are so much alike and we're all so close and I'm just so glad we're getting to spend time together now. Brenton is moving to Dallas soon to join Leah and we're hoping to see them again soon. Leah and Brenton are VERY interested in the trip to Hawaii in Oct. 09 and we are ECSTATIC that they might join us. I cannot think of two people I would rather vacation with. We also got into a really rousing discussion about Walt Disney World at dinner because all 4 of us are absolutely in love with it. We've decided that we all need to do the land/sea Disney vacation together soon too. With Cory. We'll drag him along. Lord help Cory- Brenton and I are on par with each other as far as enthusiasm goes, I'm like the biggest Disney World trivia nerd I know and with these people I know I can let down my hair, run around and wait in line for characters and they're not going to think I'm crazy. It's a wonderful, wonderful feeling. I can't wait. I know these people are going to be our friends for life. And I love it.
We're meeting for breakfast at La Bodega on Saturday and then heading out to The Dark Knight together. Then next week we're pot-lucking it again. This time we've decided on Butter Burgers, Angel Food Cake, Roasted Potatoes and whatever else strikes our fancy. *sigh*
What bliss is this? I don't want to come back to Houston in August now!
*********If you got down here, congrats! This was a long post!*********

0 kind words:
Post a Comment