June 9, 2008

tidbits

So I got the latest In Style magazine (which isn't common- I usually get my magazine fix from our Playboy subscription) and in it they had the neatest new charity project. Wear Your Music --you can go online and buy bracelets made from the guitar strings of various celebrities. They have tons of different people, and you search by celebrity. We, go figure, didn't find anyone much to our liking, which is lucky, I suppose because they're rather highly priced. But isn't that the coolest idea? If they had our favorite musicians, I would have to think very seriously on a pair for us.


I've been haunting Must Have Bag online- apparently she's getting ready to have a big sale and I'm hoping to see some low prices. These bags are so pretty and all made out of leather- and they're so cheap compared with what a single Coach bag costs- I'm wondering why I'd want to pay for a fabric bag when I can get two leather ones for the price of one Coach. Oh I know, it won't have the little Coach hang tag, but who cares? Sometimes it gets rather monotonous to be one of very many out carrying the same bag. I'm just hoping Alex at MHB is going to mark down the spring stuff low enough that it's reasonable to find one for a summer bag. I need leather during the summer, so I can just clean it with a little bit of water when it gets sweaty-- fabric just makes no sense because it absorbs everything. So there- my little purse rant. Some women like shoes and have hundreds of pairs- I like purses and at the moment I'm having trouble finding one I want to carry every day.



I've got to go to Home Depot today to get some plumber's tape-- we went yesterday to get mulch for my flower beds and I'd been wanting a new shower head- the one that we have right now is just crap. So we found a great one, put the tape in the basket as well and then nobody noticed that it fell out somewhere along the way- we didn't pay for it thankfully but we still need it. After Roger and Steph left, Zach and I ran to Target and HEB close to us to try and find some but neither place had it- HEB frustrated Zach because they had shower heads and plumbing needs, but no tape. He couldn't understand why a store would carry part B but not have part A which is needed to install part B. That's how he explained it. But I'm excited to go back to Home Depot today because I want to write down the specs on a faucet I've found there. Like I tell everyone, I've already planned out my future kitchen- but I've been on the lookout for a faucet I love that will work with the style. Well I've found it, and I love it! It looks a lot like this one- but less expensive (thank goodness, or Zach would veto in 1 second!) and without the in counter pump.



So my dad leaves for Qatar again today- we don't know when he'll be back because he might have to make an emergency trip. My grandfather's going to have to have bypass surgery and I know dad wants to be there to help Grandma out as much as possible that week when the surgery takes place. The poor woman will need someone to sit with my Grandpa to make sure he does what he's supposed to while she goes and gets food and showers and gets some sleep. I'm anxious to go with my dad, I haven't gotten to see my Grandparents since my wedding, and I'm eager to see him soon. We're waiting to see when the surgery will take place because they've got to get his blood sugar under control and they've got to see about his lungs before they do the procedure- but the surgeon has said that since my Grandma has caught him feeling bad right before he's ready for a heart attack (twice! Twice she's saved him from a heart attack!) that he's not sustained any damage to his heart and that really will help him out a lot. So we're thankful for that. I'll keep posting as I hear news about him from Grandma- she's so good at keeping us informed.


Did you guys like the pictures from Jason and Charlene's wedding? I was looking back and I didn't seem to get any good ones of Charlene's face- my mom tried one time but she was being shy and turning away from the camera. But that's okay- I understand! It's rather uncomfortable to be the center of attention like that and have fifty cameras in your face for it. It was a beautiful wedding- but it was hotter than ****. You know, weddings outside are beautiful. Weddings outside in central Texas in June are just... miserably hot. But we all handled it rather well- my dress didn't really stand the heat. It was rather artfully crinkled cotton and by the end of the night, the back of my dress that I had been sitting on was pressed flat. I was most unhappy, but managed to get it back to rights once we got home. I felt for Roger- he had to sing in a full suit out in the heat and by the end he was his own water feature. But it cooled off a bit for the reception and the whole evening was a pleasant one. We did the War Hymn (obviously) and that was lots of fun because I was next to Aunt Loueva and she was having a blast with it-- we did have some t-sips in the crowd who'd boo and what not, but she's ready and able to give it right back to 'em with a vengeance. Funny woman.


Well, I best go. I've got things to do and a rather exciting phone call to make this afternoon. Hopefully I can post good news very soon! I hope everyone has a wonderful week-- you can leave me some comments... let me know what you want to hear about, pictures you might want to see... anything? Yeah- I'm envious of Meredith for her comments. But she's got a baby to write about, and I've not so... you know.


post signature

0 kind words: