May 9, 2008

maiden voyage.

Hello cyberspace!!


Well, this is new for us, and we're very excited to have a new means of communicating with people. I decided to start a blog when Zach started his fourth year in Vet school. Since he'll be so busy at the clinic every day, I thought it might not be a bad idea to have a place where people can read (from my perspective) about Zach's escapades. I have to admit, I became more than a little interested in the blog atmosphere when Mrs. Meredith Tichenor started her blog to keep people posted on her baby boy, Carson. I'm addicted to her blog, but it would be hard not to be. She has the planet's most adorable baby. Seriously, I didn't now children could be as cute as Carson is. Then when I realized how many other friends were active in the blogging world, I figured it might be a fun thing to try!


Today actually marks the end of Zach's first week in the large animal clinic. He's on a food animal rotation right now so he's working with cows and goats- that sort of thing. He gets up every morning at 5:30 and comes home every day some time after 5- just depending on the work load and the needs of the clients and patients. He's having fun, I can tell, but it's hard for me and the animals to get used to his new schedule. He's dead tired when he gets home, and has been passing out on the couch as soon as we're done with dinner. Poor guy. From what I understand, his rotations last for two weeks, so we've got another week of the food animals before he moves on to the next thing. He'll start an externship at the end of July that will last for the month of August in Richmond, and before that he says he's got 8 rotations. He's excited about actually working as the doctor in a clinic, but I know he's a little nervous because he's only got two rotations out of those eight where he'll be working in the small animal clinic. But he's doing well and that's a brief overview of his first week of fourth year.


Jethro, Shiner and I are having a harder time adjusting, I think. We're used to him being home for lunch and at around 5 every day the dogs start to get antsy and anxious. They're ready for him to be home, just like I am. But about 5:45 they start to calm down when he's not home yet. They just don't understand. Jethro's becoming more and more attached to me- he likes to know where I am every minute we're in the house together. Of course, there are a few in the house that Zach's changes have no impact on-- Lily, The Cuteness and The Rock. Mainly because Lily's my cat and doesn't care too much about Zach until it's dinner time and because The Cuteness and The Rock don't have brains being arachnids and what not.


I need to sign off on our first post though, I have my husband (awake!) and our best bud out in the living room playing baseball on Wii. I might need to go challenge somebody to some bowling... cause that's the only thing I win at!





post signature

1 kind words:

Wonder Why said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the blogging world! I'm very excited to read about your updates! and I will try to update more myself! Love you!