September 16, 2011

i'm just saying...

Sorry guys.

No Pinnable Me today.



I just cannot get into the spirit of it this morning. We got some bad news from my FIL's doctors yesterday and so it looks like he's not done with his already-long cancer journey. He's been fighting cancer for 4 years already, and we were all hoping our prayers had been answered the last time around. Obviously, this is a disappointment. Roger is such a good guy, so happy and loving and fun, it's really hard to see him down and out due to the treatments.

I have not been a great success at not letting my worry over Roger affect my attitude. I've been very short tempered and harsh tongued. My patience has been severely lacking. And that's not ALL because of Roger, but it's a great contributing factor. I can honestly say, and I think my poor hubs can agree, that August and September have not been terribly kind to us. We've both been about as stressed out as can be.

I also must own to not being very forgiving of others flaws lately. Again, all attributed to what I discussed above. I have had absolutely no patience for people, in general. Luckily, I have a few very sweet, good girlfriends who have been more than patient with me, and I have a great spouse who's been understanding and forgiving. Have I burned a few bridges lately? Apparently. I wish that people weren't so quick to judge. Regardless.

Moving on. I'm just a little on the outs, and I'm gonna take a day today not to stress about a blog post. Sound okay? Great!





And thanks so much for the puppy love. He's adorable and I cannot wait to see him!

7 kind words:

Lauren said...

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. Praying for all of yall! Hoping you have a happy weekend!

KJJ Houston said...

Oh no, Im so sad to hear this :( He has a plan for us all, so believe in that and hang in there.

On the other front, we all say stuff we dont mean, or judge others sometimes too fast. Social media can put major stress for no reason, I often think if I didnt have a blog to keep up with my life might be easier, but I love it for my own reasons of Jack being able to look back one day.
Any who dont worry about those bridges, they sometimes fall apart and get re built and those that don't didnt maybe they didn't have a worthwhile path to start?

AM said...

I love you so much. And no matter what you could do, you can't burn this bridge! We're fireproof baby!! And I'm so sorry about Roger. I'm praying hardcore for him! And you :-)

the tichenor family said...

So terribly sorry to hear that Roger didn't get the news you were hoping for. He has been, and will continue to be in my prayers.

... good to see you today, albeit briefly! Happy tailgating!

Adrienne at La Vita e Bella said...

Many prayers for you and your family!

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

Sorry you didn't get good news about your FIL! My mother in law battled cancer for 8 years. Sending prayers your way.

Ivy said...

So sorry to hear about your FIL, Stef. I will continue to pray for him and for your family.