June 3, 2009

pop up pleasers

Did you love pop-up books as a child? So did I, and was amazed to see how far pop-up books have come since I was small.

The last time we were at The Galleria, Houston, we stopped in the Metropolitan Museum of Art shop and were thrilled to find a whole section of fantastic pop-ups. By Little Simon publishing, these books will surely be something you and your child will treasure. 

This is the one we bought for Liam, it is currently waiting to be enjoyed on the shelves over his changing table. No lower- we don't want it getting torn up. Zach is a huge fan of The Jungle Book, and it just seemed like the perfect choice. 


For the little girls, they will be enraptured by the beautiful renderings in this book!

Although the price may seem a little high for a simple book, these beauties are dazzling even to the adults. Don't see a story you like? Check in your local Metropolitan Museum of Art shop- last time we looked they also had classics like The Wizard of Oz and Peter Pan! I promise you, this is one purchase you will NOT regret!


post signature

1 kind words:

Kristen Kelley said...

Those are simply amazing! I'm not having children any time soon, but now I feel like I need to buy one of those anyway. :)

If you like books, B&N had these adorable books with collections of Poe & Bronte, but made with illustrations and lots of "interactives" like envelopes with pull out letters, removable pictures, etc. Not so baby-friendly, but interesting nonetheless!

Poe's is here: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Edgar-Allan-Poe/Harry-Lee-Poe/e/9781435104693/?itm=10