May 28, 2009

boxing day



I am taking a break from studying for my yoga final to blog. Yes, bad, I know. I'm exhausted, so I need to take breaks to give myself the will power to return to the review when it's time. 

Zach and I are picking up a U-Haul tomorrow... we're officially looking at our last 48 hours living in College Station, and that's strange. We went and picked up a pack of the medium sized packing boxes from U-Haul today and we've been working on getting our crap packed up all afternoon. It took us most of the afternoon just to get our electronics packed! We have two boxes packed FULL of DVDs. Yes, we really have too many. We got our surround sound system re-packed in its original box and we got the Wii, N 64, PS2 and Xbox 360 all packed up in plastic tubs. We packed all of our things for Liam into boxes to go to his nursery. We spent hours in the office and spare room too- we've got an armoire packed FULL to the brim of holiday decorations. We've got two boxes full of Halloween decor, and we still have more that can't fit into these boxes, and we've got a bunch of Christmas stuff too... and we've still got the bottom full of linens. We are slightly more than a little stressed. 

I get overwhelmed when moving. I've always gotten overwhelmed, but usually my dad's company has paid somebody to come in and provide the boxes, the paper, the bubble wrap, the skill and the man-power. I'm getting even more overwhelmed now because a) I can hardly bend over the boxes because of my huge belly and b) WE are responsible for all the packing. Remind me NEVER to move without movers again. 

post signature

2 kind words:

AM said...

I had two boxes full of dvds too!! it's our material age :-)good luck on your final!

Ivy said...

good luck!!!